|Posted by george on May 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM|
• Avoid road rage and stress. If you are headed to work call and let someone know you are going to be late due to the traffic jam. Take a look out of your window and notice everyone else is stuck as well. No need to honk your horn, yell or scream. You won't get there any faster. Take in 5 deep breaths if you feel the road rage creeping in.
• Avoid Overlapping: This will cause even more traffic. Just be patient
• It could be worse: If the traffic jam is caused by an accident. Be glad you were not in involved in the accident. Be glad you are just delayed. It could be much worse
• Keep children entertained: Children get restless. Play some educational games to keep their minds active
• Make sure you all use the toilet before you get on the road. Please do not hold it in for too long and over time it could cause bladder infections, weak urinary tract muscles and weak bladder control. It can also lead to other kidney infections and cause impotence in men
• Listen to the radio: Turn on the radio when you drive, not only you can keep up with the traffic status; it can also help you relax and unwind.
• Drinks and snacks: Have some drinks or light snacks in the car, that way, it will kill off some boring time, while ensure you will not be dehydrated and hungry if the traffic jam become extensive. Just avoid anything messy. Good snacks are dried fruit,nuts, air popped popcorn, dry healthy cereals etc.
• Stretch: Most people don't think about the bodybelow theirbelt when driving slowly until they get of the car with a leg cramp and a sleeping foot.
When you're at a dead stop, and lift your right thigh off the seat. Move both legs wherever they will go withoutgetting stuck.
Most people hold tension intheir neck and back, so try to keep yoursrelaxed and stretch your neck from side to side when you’re safely stopped
• Do some brainwork: If you always have the radio blaring, you might never allow yourself time to think. If this is the case, change your drivingroutine and create a better thinking environment for yourself. You may even do some quality problem- solving. Run over upcoming projects in your mind and write down your ideas when you reach yourdestination.
• Relax & Destress: Place lemon, grapefruit or peppermint oil on a tissue and place this near the air vents in the vehicle. This can act as an uplifting scent keeping passengers anddriver alert, it keeps the air smelling fresh.
– Use the radio to play soothing music when in slow moving traffic .
– Sing along to your favourite song
– Try to practise calm and deep breathing to relax and avoid road rage situations.
you might want to read the new traffic rules