Posted by george
on September 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM
Ingredients (2 servings
8 cups sukuma wiki (kale or collard greens), chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
½ cup water
- In a cooking pan, add the vegetable oil and onions.
- Sautee the onions until they are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they soften into a paste.
- Add the sukuma wiki, salt to taste and ¼cup water.
- Let the mixture cook on low heat for approximately 5 minutes or until the sukuma wiki has reached a desired tenderness, and still crunchy.
- Serve with ugali, rice or Chapati and any meat of your choice.
Categories: recipe, education, food