Posted by george
on November 4, 2010 at 3:01 AM
- White baking flour
- Cooking Oil
- Iliki (cardamom )
- fresh milk or coconut milk
- Dilute one teaspoon of yeast in a cup of warm water and leave it undisturbed for at least three hours.
- Mix a teaspoon of crushed cardamom, four tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt and three eggs.
- Add half a cup of warm milk and yeast to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add three cups of white flour to the paste and knead the dough until it is fine. Make sure it has no flour lumps.
- divide the dough into several medium sized balls and roll them onto a floured board or surface.
- Depending on the size of each ball, cut the rolled dough into smaller pieces. You can cut them circular or square, depending on your choice.
- Let these balls rest under room temperature for about two hours so as to allow them to lighten up.
- Pour the oil into the pan and heat it until it is hot.
- Begin to fry several of the mahamris at a go .
- Cook them on both sides until they are golden brown in colour.
- Do not let them stay in the pan for more than three minutes.
Serve with tea or black coffee.
Categories: recipe, food, family